I found out when I enabled multitasking, and I tried to switch to another program, Springboard would respring like… 100% of the time. I was frustrated. Then I found that adding this little key in your N72AP.plist will make multitasking work like it should. No more springboard crashing! Ready?
- I highly recommend using iFile to do this change. So open iFile on your device and browse to System>Libary>CoreServices>Springboard.app
- Now look for N72AP.plist (N72AP.plist for iPod Touch 2G, N82AP.plist for iPhone 2G)
- Tap on “Edit”
- Look for the following line:
- Change the 1 to a 2 so it should now say:
- Now restart or respring! (If you have a respring app on your iPod you can use that. Or, since multitasking isn’t working… yet, just bring up the multitask drawer and attempt to switch program. That will cause springboard to restart anyways. lol)
- That’s all! Multitasking will now work, and WILL NO LONGER CRASH SPRINGBOARD!!!
Note, after enabling opengles-2 (Well, we are not actually enabling opengle-2, its just fooling iOS into thinking that your device is compatible with opengles-2 which is not, and thats the reason why app to app switching crashes springboard.) you will see some minor graphical issues, such as a weird line going down your “Send” button, and lines in Game Center. Not sure if theres gonna be a fix or anything. There probably won’t be.
Another note: This also fixes an issue when trying go to a url in the mail app and causes springboard to crash.